Thank you for your interest in joining Boston Children's Hospital 志愿者 服务!
We are fortunate that there are so many individuals interested in volunteering at Boston Children's Hospital. We presently have a diverse, trained group of more than 500 individuals who selflessly devote thousands of hours each year to support the hospital staff and our patients and families. Whether playing with children during wait times or helping families find their way in the halls, the volunteers at Boston Children's Hospital make a difference providing a special human connection that often eases the stress for patients and families going through difficult times.
To learn more about the current volunteer positions that are available through 志愿者 服务, please visit the following pages below.
- Current Opportunities to view open, individual volunteer assignments on the main campus in Boston.
- 志愿者 Opportunities at Satellite 位置 to view all open volunteer assignments at our satellite locations.
- 志愿者 Opportunities in Boston to view information and recruitment directions regarding our One Year Program.
Overview of 志愿者 Roles
志愿者s at Boston Children's Hospital perform a wide array of duties throughout the organization. Here is a brief description of the two main roles which are open to volunteer applicants. 志愿者s are allowed to play with children or to complete non-medical tasks. 志愿者s must be mindful of patient privacy and confidentiality is respected at all times; individual illnesses are not discussed.
- Inpatient/Clinic 志愿者s: Interact with patients, siblings and families at the bedside, in the playroom or waiting room area to provide opportunities for developmentally appropriate play and socialization which may include holding infants/toddler, engaging in art, reading and taking part in structured activities with patients. 另外, the volunteer would assist their supervisor with any other needs, such as unit programming, preparing materials for special events and helping organize and maintain a safe, clean environment while assisting with toy washing.
- Customer Service 志愿者s: Create welcoming atmosphere at main entrance of hospital and provide way finding assistance to all patients, families and guests. Assist patients and families at time of discharge from the hospital. Deliver flowers and balloons to patients and families throughout the hospital. 另外, customer service volunteers engage with patients and siblings through play-based activities in the Hale Family Center for Families.
Other 志愿者 项目
志愿者 服务 is in close communication with other volunteer-reliant programs, including:
- 病人 Family Housing 项目: These programs provide affordable accommodations to families. 志愿者s assure that families are comfortable and occupied during their stay. There are opportunities at two locations – Devon Nicole House at 21 Autumn Street, and Yawkey Family Inn at 241 Kent Street. Please visit the 病人 Family Housing Program website for more details.
- 熊掌印: Therapy-centric dog visitation program at Boston Children’s Hospital, Main Campus. 志愿者s bring in their dog, and come in for a certain amount of time each month. The goal of 熊掌 is to provide hospitalized children and their families with a healthy diversion from the usual hospital routine and an opportunity for social interaction. Please visit the 熊掌 website for more details.